- Harry Styles’ debut solo album “Harry Styles”. I have to admit, at first listen I wasn’t completely sold. However it was also about 5:30 in the morning on a Friday so I wasn’t super pleased with anything or anyone. It took 2 times of listening to the complete album for me to decide that, yes, I love it. It’s so different from what we’re used to getting from Harry with One Direction which made me realize that maybe what we were getting from him before wasn’t the whole (or perhaps true) Harry Styles. It’s easy to identify the musical influences and I gotta say…the boy’s got A+ taste. Fave tracks: Carolina, and Kiwi.
2. My whole “trying out a plant-based diet” thing which I’ve just realized I haven’t actually written about yet oops – more on that later…has me discovering, trying, and enjoying (about half of the time) a plethora of new foods. I came across Black Jewell Popcorn and decided to give it a go. Turns out, this is some of the most delicious popcorn I’ve ever had. The box proudly boasts that it “Pops pure white, contains protective antioxidants, [is] 100% Natural Grain, gluten free, and Non-GMO verified.” So yeah, it’s pretty darn good for you. In Weight Watchers terms, it’s only 4 SmartPoints for 3 cups of popped popcorn which is actually quite a lot. If you’re in the market for a guilt-free snack, I highly suggest Black Jewell Popcorn.
3. Loafer mules. I don’t even own a pair (yet) but I’m freaking obsessed. It all started with those dang Gucci fur loafers, you know the ones, and here we are. I think they’re a spring staple, really. Throw on some cropped pants, a sweet blouse and slide into some mules and you’re out the door. I’m currently on the waiting list for 4 different pairs from Forever 21 and have a bunch on my wishlists at various stores. I’m just a bit concerned because I have stupidly wide feet, so I’m not sure how they would fit. Guess all I can do is buy a pair and find out, right?
4. Celebrity book clubs – but not Oprah’s. Although Oprah’s Book Club was sort of the leader in terms of celeb book clubs and had a good run of 15 years, it was never my jam. However, Florence Welch (of Florence + the Machine) has a book club called “Between Two Books” and it’s a total winner. There’s a Facebook group as well as an Instagram account, although I’ve found the latter to be the most up-to-date. I’ve read a few of the titles selected and they’ve all touched me in the profound, beautiful way only good literature can. Another fave celebrity book club of mine is Emma Watson’s feminist book club “Our Shared Shelf”. The group started on Goodreads, and also has an Instagram account. If you’re looking for more fem lit, then this book club should be your first and only stop.
5. Gallo Family Vineyards “Sweet Pineapple” wine. Seriously, this stuff could end wars. Or start them, I suppose… Either way, it’s delicious. Very sweet (some might argue too sweet) but it’s light and refreshing and perfect to sip on a toasty day – like today! It has no nutrition label, and the Weight Watchers app didn’t recognize it when I scanned the barcode so I’m deeming it ZERO SmartPoints, please enjoy responsibly 😉 Side note: there is also a “Sweet Peach” flavor which will knock your socks off if you’re into that sort of thing.